Cart on top of moving tweening part doesn't move, it stays in place and phases through the tweening part

I have a problem with a vehicle not moving at all when on the tweened part. It should be moving with the tweened part, but it doesn’t move.

https://gyazo.com/cac1a3c6c76f5608abc712a19c403b95

Here’s a preview of what it looks like.

If, however, you are driving the vehicle, it works as it should. Only if there’s no driver it doesn’t work.
Any help would be appreciated. I’ve tried setting the network owner to the player but still no luck.

Still need help with this. Haven’t been able to fix it yet.

is the tween client-sided? (i need more chars ahhh)

No it’s server sided, not handled on client

The cart has likely “fallen asleep” and is no longer being simulated by the physics engine. This is not the case when you are actively riding it, which is why it works as intended. There are a few ways to “wake up” sleeping assemblies, but the easiest I’ve found is to toggle the Anchored property of its root part on and then off again.

Tested it by anchoring then unanchoring on the server, then activated the tween, and it still did the same thing

I think you may want to consider setting the network owner to the server in order to restimulate the physics engine.
Alternatively, you could just tween the cart itself too, though this would require a few welds.

Yeah I just found out is has to do with sleeping case, so would setting network ownership to the server wake it up?

1 Like

I should have been more specific; the cart needs to be anchored and then unanchored by the tweening code right before it begins to tween the part size.

Yes, it didn’t seem to work, however setting network ownership to the server right before the tween seemed to do it. Thanks for the help

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.