Cartoon Map review

Hello! Im Reku, I am learning low poly modeling and would like to present a map that I created from my and models available for use.

Link:

3 Likes

Your just learning?

I Have modeled for 4 years. So i am very experienced. There is some pros and cons to this map, but i will tell you them.

To start, i would like to say: If your learning and your at this stage, you deserve my appreciation!

Approval Badge – Not a real badge, but you still get my approval :slight_smile:

You know A LOT of techniques alot of advanced builds know, which i didn’t know when i started

But, lets start.

PROS:

1. Borders
    Your map uses AMAZING borders and you positioned them amazingly! I like how you added extra layers to your borders to add more depth and enclosure. I only recently learn’t this

1. Textures

Using textures adds a lot of detail, and i need to get better at adding them myself aswell lol.

1. Finer details.

Its always good to add little details, not only do they fill up the map, they make it nicer! I absolutely LOVE how you added this electrical wire poles and detailed the borders. Thats such a good idea!

CONS

1. POI (Points of interest)

As your are learning, i don’t expect you to know this. But POI (AKA Points of interest) are areas in which gameplay is the main aspect. You do this well in most areas. However, the portals seem to be tucked away, while your shop and spawn are close to each other.

You can see here portals and gameplay are seperated. so i would move the portals next to spawn for easy acsess,

1. Color theory

I noticed you have a high difference in saturation. For example, your grass meshes are a different tone, temperature and saturation to your grass part. I Would change it to be the same color as the grass part but a slight bit lighter.

1. Sizing

Finally, sizing is a key part. I noticed there are some inconsistencies in sizing. for example, here. my head reaches the top of the lamppost (which isn’t very realistic)

In conclusion, if you work on sizing and points of interest. You will become a top tier builder!

Keep building!

ScxiptedShark

3 Likes