Cartoonishly bad thumbnail performance

hi, so ive been testing out difference thumbnails for void fishing since home rec playthrough rate was low (1%), so i tried put the following:

however, the playthrough rate is now ABYSMAL.
all that is different is the background color and zoom, so i cant help feel like the drop to 0.5% is something else, not the thumbnail. but its all that has changed! could it be a bug?

for reference, this was the original:

edit to clarify: when i say abysmal, i mean 7th percentile performance. it cant POSSIBLY be this bad considering its just slight adjustments.

1 Like

We need more information.
What are the time frames you are talking about? For example if you’re only comparing 1 day on a weekend with one image and 1 day during the week with the second image that isn’t an equal comparison with enough data.

How many visits were you getting? If you only were getting a few clicks on one and comparing it to a few less clicks on the other that’s not enough data either.

I tried running ads a while back and getting a 1% click through rate was pretty good for me.

the numbers were in the post. it doesnt matter if it was a weekday or weekend, since its not a raw number. its a percentage.

Hi, this isn’t exactly a fix, but it might give you some ideas.
I frequently click on popular games youtubers play, just to check the page out (even the ones that come on my recommendations), with no real intention of playing them. I did this with your game too! So I feel like it could be people just checking the page out, and not an issue on your side.

but - I may be wrong im kinda dumb :stuck_out_tongue:

thats possible, but im inclined to think this is a bug at this point… i mean:

7th percentile??? we are underperforming the default roblox thumbnails at this point!! and thats not even exaggerating!
if it were something like 30th percentile i’d accept that maybe the thumbnail sucks, but 7th?! when all we did was recolor the background?