Casing of username does not change

This issue has stood for a bit now, and it’s still happening, so I’m filing a report

A bit ago I changed my name to darkpixlz on Roblox because I thought “DarkPixlz” looked stupid. That was probably around the start of summer, and it has yet to be reflected on the DevForum, after many logins.

11 Likes

I’d assume it’s the same thing as with user icons. Log out then log back in to the devforum and see if it updates it

3 Likes
1 Like

Discourse ignores case changes in pretty sure, you’ll need to ask there

1 Like

Oh, I missed that.

1 Like

I asked a staff member a little bit ago, and I got something along the lines of “I can’t change it for you but I’ll keep it in mind”. This was in May.

3 Likes

There is a Discourse settings that won’t let user changed their usernames. I believe once you are registered, you are stuck with that username due to that setting. I mean you can ask a Roblox DevForum Admin for that to happen but I am not sure.

1 Like

He is talking about the casing of the name, in Roblox, it’s “darkpixlz”, but in the forum it’s “DarkPixlz”

2 Likes

It’s meant to automatically change when you sign in, but it does not see name casing as a change.

1 Like

I feel like it would’ve been better if name casing is counted as a change, like If I lowercase “VSC” in my username, then it should appear as “vscPlays”, not to keep it as “VSCPlays”

1 Like

We’ll pick this up in the future if we decide to implement an “auto update profile when Roblox user profile updates” feature. This might be some time from now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.