Castle Tycoon v2

Hey there,

I’m Mithrandir6440, and I’ve recently finished working on my game, Castle Tycoon v2.

https://www.roblox.com/games/6807673095/Castle-Tycoon-v2?refPageId=d74b6368-0e4a-4e9e-bfaa-24c76b2ab70b

Before I spend any major Robux on advertising, I would like to know what I can improve on. Any criticism is fine, as long as it’s constructive. I would particularly like feedback on first impressions and monetization strategy, but feedback on anything else is great too.

Hope you all are having a great day :slightly_smiling_face:.

3 Likes

Hey, great game @CJ_Nelson01!

My thoughts:

What is good

I love the fact that you can go into people’s bases and attack them.
The scenery is great and it has a very calm feeling.
The UI is very cool looking

Things that need improvement

More things definitely need to be added, especially if you want the player visit length to be longer
The Ui doesn’t maintain aspect ratio on some devices
The biggest thing your game needs to improve on is fun, you get in there and you say, ok I have my castle, now what? You need to add a mini game or someway that players can actually do stuff while waiting for more gold. I recommend 2 options, have players be able to attack peoples bases, and actually damage them, and get gold from that. The second option is, since it is a castle tycoon, it is medieval right, so I think you should add a battling arena. You already have staffs that come in the castle, but what if you could buy armor and attack/defense upgrades from your GUI shop to fight, and with that, more reason to buy robux items.

Edit: From your leak in your discord server, that might already be a reality…

1 Like

The only criticism I have for you is that I was confused at the beginning, I was a little unsure how to start off. Maybe a tiny tutorial showing you where things are would be helpful. Other than that, very good! The music is catchy, too (sorry for the late reply).

3 Likes

Hi, I just found this while idly browsing and I was wondering if you could look at the post I made called “Did I do this right?” and also watch the video to make sure both me and the person who originally wrote the script did it correctly, because I am also making a tycoon game but since the script isn’t working I could really use a helping hand :slight_smile: