Catalog Inserter Plugin

This is based off of @EgoMoose’s Easy catalog item insert: Easy catalog item insert - Roblox

Sometimes you just got to insert an accessory or a gear from the Roblox catalog.

This has mostly the same functionality as the original. The asset must be created by you or Roblox. You can also insert assets you have taken (in your inventory). It can insert:
Accessories, Animations (KeyframeSequence), Audios (Sound), Avatar Animations (Animation), Decals, Emotes (Animation), Faces, Gear, Heads (SpecialMesh), Meshes (MeshPart), Models, Pants, Plugins, Shirts, T-Shirts (ShirtGraphic)

A two new features I added are the options to select the inserted asset and parent the inserted asset to whatever you have selected.

A big change I added is the plugin is a widget! So you can drag around and resize all you want.
It also supports dark mode!

Hopefully this works as it is suppose to. I couple of things I want to add in the future:

1. This follows the original functionality in which it renames the asset to the asset’s name if it is not a plugin or model. I want to have the option where you can pick whether or not it renames the asset.
More explanation

This hat was upload with the name WireFed02Accessory but in the catalog it is called Hacker Fedora. This plugin will rename the inserted asset to its catalog name unless it is a Model or a Plugin. So, in this case, the hat will be named Hacker Fedora when you insert it.

1. I want to have it display more information such as PriceInRobux and AssetType.

It also shows places if you type in a place id, among other uninsertable things; it will warn you if you cannot insert it: HTTP 403 (Forbidden) or something like that.
It errors if it fails to load the thumbnail of an asset (the item is Content Deleted or something), it is fine.

Link to plugin: Catalog Inserter - Roblox

31 Likes

Couldn’t you just go into the Roblox Studio toolbox and insert the gear from there? It would save time and be a lot easier :stuck_out_tongue: :rainbow:

1 Like

Take this accessory for example: https://www.roblox.com/catalog/4180771679/Black-Hoodie

It was created yesterday. If you search for Black Hoodie in the toolbox, you are not going to get that exact one even if you filter by Updated or Relevance.

People can always hide malicious scripts inside uploaded models. Best to insert it directly from Roblox.

9 Likes

Yeah, you have a pretty good point! I agree to agree with you :white_check_mark: although you have to agree that my idea could be helpful on some points, right?

1 Like

the toolbox is horrible atm and lots of stuff is backdoored

5 Likes

Thanks this is just what I’ve needed ever since EgoMoose’s plugin broke

1 Like

Doesn’t this just do the same thing as artfvls inserter, just with a little more clutter? Load Catalog Items - Roblox

2 Likes

I know I’m probably a bit late but try this

game:GetService("InsertService"):LoadAsset(*ITEM_ID*).Parent = workspace

4 Likes