Catalog not showing proper items after search

Reproduction Steps

Step 1: Log into your Roblox account

Step 2: Search “White” or any other keyword on Roblox catalog in classic shirts when logged into your account

Step 3: Look at the search results while being logged into your account

Step 4: Search “White” or the same keyword you typed before on Roblox catalog in classic shirts while being logged out of your account

Step 5: Compare the results between search results while logged in and while being logged out

Device Info

• User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/107.0.0.0 Safari/537.36 Edg/107.0.1418.62
  • Platform Type: PC
  • Device Type: Computer

Expected Behavior

Expecting the search results to be the same as when you are logged out of your account- accurate and relevant.

Actual Behavior

Search results after logging into your account are not accurately displayed on the catalog

Correct results while logged out of your Roblox account:

Incorrect results while logged in to your Roblox account:

Issue Area: Roblox Website
Page URL: Catalog - Roblox
Impact: Very High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-12-02 00:12:00 (+04:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2022-12-08 00:12:00 (+04:00)

14 Likes

Yea this is a really weird bug that has been happening for weeks now.
And really caused my income to drop tremendously.

6 Likes

The searches are even different from each accounts. It’s a total mess the catalog algorithm for the clothes right now

4 Likes

The results are different, but I can’t see how one is worse than the other. Could you elaborate?

It is causing massive disruption of sales for a lot of designers including myself who rely on accurate search results which has displayed quality clothing for years.

The one you see when logged in displays random clothing with higher prices which don’t even sell as much, it’s like Roblox has shadow banned majority of the actual search results.

It also helps designers understand trends and study the market.

5 Likes

It’s common marketing sense.
If someone wants to find and buy some clothes that they saw or heard from someone else, they need to have the same tools to find it just like the other person did.
It’s like shopping on Shein and searching for that cute butterfly top that your friend already has and wants you to buy it aswell…So, you search for it but hours after hours u wont find it…makes sense? lol
I know you might say: “oh well then you can just check your friend’s profile and buy it from there”.
That’s true, but what if they are not your friends on roblox or they are wearing another outfit and they have a private inventory?
That’s why the catalog algorithm has to be the same for everyone.
It’s just a mess now.

3 Likes

This issue has been reported already. Problem with sorting clothes in Roblox catalog - #4 by cpguy5089

If you read the details, It’s a completely different problem. The issue on that seems to be specifically for unpopular items mixed with popular items with results being different on different Roblox accounts.

This is for search results being accurate while logged out of your Roblox account but not when you’re logged in.

That makes sense. Both started occurring at the same time, so I thought you were referring to the same issue. Ultimately, both are impacting clothing sales and I hope this gets resolved as soon as possible especially when Christmas is coming up.

1 Like

Everyone is impacted by the randomness of the catalog, as several have previously mentioned.

However, it also has an impact on players who purchase the clothing that randomly appears in the searched bar by botted groups.
The outfits are frequently copied and could be subject to DMCA action at any time.
Everyone is annoyed by this, including honest sellers and buyers.
I hope a solution is found before Christmas.

3 Likes

Definitely, it’s affecting income for sellers and choice for buyers.

And yes, I really do hope they are working on fixing this issue.

2 Likes

Thanks for the report. I filed a ticket to our internal database.

8 Likes

Hello, has there been any update regarding this issue?

2 Likes

Hello, here to provide an update. This thread describes expected behavior and is not a bug.