Categorized Animation/Anything folders

As a dev it’s a little hard to navigate through your inventory sometimes. When you’re working on big projects with multiple people and you have a game with tons and tons of assets it’s a little hard to find exactly what you’re looking for. A major section is the import/export animation section when working with the animation editor.

I was going through my old animations to find a specific one however it took me about 30 minutes just simply due to how many I have. So I thought to myself, why don’t we have folders we can put animations in? This would work essentially the exact same way we use to be able to add things into “Sets” back in the day. We’d simply click on an animation in our inventory(or while uploading the animation) select the folder we want to put it in and bam, now we have an organized way to store/find our assets for a project!

This could be moved to so many things too! Like our models tab if we ever upload module scripts and we’d like to find them quickly, our sounds, our decals, etc! It would be an extremely useful feature and I’m sure a lot of the developers on ROBLOX would love it.

If we could create these folders a lot of things would just be more practical. Personally, I don’t see why this hasn’t been implemented yet and it would be fantastic if it could/would be.

but a search bar would also be nice you know?

Thanks for reading!

8 Likes

Very similar ideas have been suggested for all of the asset types, like models, decals, etc. If you use the search bar, you might be able to find some. :wink:

Whoopsie never saw em. I knew I wasn’t the only one to ever suggest something like this but hey, the more people who suggest it the more it shows them we want it right?

1 Like