Certain Images With Transparent Backgrounds On Develop Page Have Incorrect Colors

I think this has been going on for a few weeks.

Here are some older images I have (last year):

Images shown:

Some newer assets (few weeks ago to 3 days ago):

Images shown:

I have a feeling the images were turned into JPEGs to make the page faster to load with something wrong with the transparent colors not turning to white or black. This doesn’t affect pages outside the develop page or ingame.

6 Likes

I wonder if this is intentional. I notice the majority of the assets (all except one in first image) benefit from the background as it makes it easier to see the content of the image.

I could see this being intentional, with the additional advantage of using JPEGs being the need for less bandwidth. It just seems to mess up a lot. What happens for the the “Tilted TheNexusAvenger Mid 2017” is the best example" of it messing up.

sorry to necrobump this thread but it has been happening to me too now since the few weeks. All these images are transparent.

There seems to have been no acknowledgement of this problem on Roblox’s end. Is this being worked on internally? It’s still happening. If it’s an optimization, we need to be assured that it’s intentional.

Bumping this because it is still a bug. The icons above have been uploaded within the past month and look very different compared to how they appear ingame, and on the asset pages.