Certain Roblox Features Clear Clipboard

I’m sure I can’t be the only one who has noticed or even reported this issue before. But certain plugins erase the clipboard on windows. The most notable of which is the Animation Editor. I’m sure this is intended to avoid some specific issue, but it makes importing animations from ID irritatingly difficult. You copy the ID from a script or animation property window, open the plugin, click “Import From Roblox”, can’t paste the ID. Go back to the script/property window, copy the ID again, repeat endlessly.

The only workaround is using the Windows-key + v to access clipboard history. But not many users know about this shortcut, so I can imagine the issue is even more frustrating for them.

4 Likes

I did actually experience this before and I didn’t know about that shortcut, thank you for the info!

1 Like

Yesterday when I was going through this list of animations to modify after changing the rig of a character, I discovered that the Animation Editor seems to clear the clipboard specifically after clicking on the widget when it has lost focus and shows the “Click to continue editing” message, but it could also be when the message appears.

This led me to copy the ID to the Command Bar first, click on the AE, and then copy the ID back from the Command Bar and paste into the Import menu to edit the 6 or so animations that needed to be.

Honestly, what is the AE even doing with the clipboard?

1 Like

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

4 Likes

This is a duplicate, y’all can follow along here! Animation Editor inserting blank text to the clipboard