Certain UGC items can crash servers

Hello
It was shown to me that by wearing certain UGC items you can replace the skybox in a live experience and can also crash the server.
Details are in the private section of the report

A private message is associated with this bug report

6 Likes

Can confirm this is still happening.

This was fixed to my knowledge, but it didn’t replace the skybox, it was just a huge accessory and I don’t think it crashes servers.

1 Like

Would just like to bump this thread with a new issue regarding UGC that falls under this topic, seems like people are uploading accessories that now lag players extremely badly when viewed in-game. Attached are some of examples that I’ve found myself (though I presume there are many more I have missed).

When worn in-game and viewed by a player the framerate drops SIGNIFICANTLY. I do not know exactly how this is achieved but I suspect its to do with the mesh of the accessory. This needs to be fixed/addressed asap.

1 Like

4000 triangles stacked on eachother z-fighting

1 Like

Ah figured it was something like that, thank you

I made the last 3 accessories, and yes, as 373steak said it’s just a big triangle duplicated 4000 times which causes Z-fighting and your device has a really hard time rendering that.

I also found out that iPhone users are immune to this which is pretty interesting, so this issue might be related to graphics drivers and not Roblox since it was lagging on Blender as well