CFS: Browse the catalog, inspect avatars, and more from Studio

NewAppicon

CFS

CFS integrates the Roblox Avatar Shop into Studio and extends it with an advanced character loader.

Content types and names, creator types and names, favorite counts, prices, and IDs from content you find can all be copied.

A familiar filtering menu helps refine searches.

Content you insert adapts to where it is loaded: accessories instantly fit to rigs, shirts, pants, and t-shirts auto-replace clothing worn on rigs, faces apply to rigs as well as images and decals, and assets appear right in front of you when inserted.

With Avatar Loader, you can bookmark up to 400 people, view user details, and inspect and insert avatars.

Right-clicking your profile or a friend in the friends tab lets you instantly insert or inspect their avatar and doing it to an accessory in the avatar inspector tab lets you instantly insert it.

Accessory re-fitting ensures that hair styles, hats, and others always fit to inserted avatars even in R6. Like in CFS’s catalog browser, avatars and accessories you insert move right in front of your camera so you can pan around to see what they look like in your game.

And in Preferences, you can choose how content loads into your game.

API Permissions:

• Script Injection: may be requested for inserting some content and is required for inserting player avatars and bundles that load rigs.

What’s new:

CFS is available for free on the Roblox Creator Store.

RobloxMarketplace

LinkIcon ¡ LinkIcon ¡ LinkIcon ¡ LinkIcon ¡ LinkIcon

Donate

Version 1.3.3

Thank you.

31 Likes

I have to say, I am impressed by your gui design. It’s hard to find people with good taste of gui and you are one of the few! Though a few things I’d say is to lower down the ui corner somewhere here:

4 Likes

^ You may see in the left side of the image that the name of the users are round. I don’t know how to make this but it doesnt feel ‘roblox-y’. I also feel a bit of that too on the middle image when you copy the character thumbnail but with a lot larger scale and transparency, but it’s cool and doesnt feel that off.

note: I haven’t used the plugin when I posted it

Seriously, usernames look very weird looking close at them.

1 Like

nice plug in.

The price filter if I have 0 to 0 is still bringing in things that cost $

1 Like

Some names definitely do look off. I wanted people to have an easy time recognizing their friends and I figured people go off of avatar profiles first so it should be the largest element. I also wanted to pack as much readable text as I could into the GUI which I found possible through rounding the text around profile pictures. The bounds of each letter are a little off which makes it difficult to calculate proper letter spacing.

I made a mockup of some other designs. Which would help you identify your friends the fastest?

This uses Roblox’s AvatarEditorService API which, for some reason, ignores some filter parameters like price range when you tell it to list results by relevance.

Roblox also appears to list UGC limiteds by their sale price and not their resale price which does looks correct if you are filtering by price range. I chose to show the lowest resale price instead because it more accurately displays what the item is worth. So if the price range is set to free and you aren’t sorting by relevance, the price at sale was free but it is currently available for what is being shown.

Would it be more helpful to show the sale price and resale price on limited items instead?

2 Likes

umm, I do not know… I was just trying to find free stuff.

since if you snag it and did not pay for it , I do not know what happens… I do not want the po po to come after me

1 Like

Hm, yea you are right. I didn’t see the usernames at all! They would look amazing if they were squares as well but that look is terrifying.

You can add a toggle between ‘list’ and ‘grid’ layout, that may be useful since in the grid layout (right image) the display name is clipped and doesnt fully appear. Maybe add a text animation so you can see all the name from the grid layout? (I only saw 1 plugin using text animation and the plugin isnt even for devving)

This video shows what I mean with ‘text animation’.
The plugin is called ‘MBTools: EDITED: Edited’ and is to load builds in the roblox game ‘Waste of Space’ from Studio btw.
2 Likes

Will you implement profile render poses?

1 Like

What are profile render poses? Are you referring to this?

Yeah, like those emotes you can set to appear on your profile
noFilter

1 Like

Oh, that is already in CFS. builderman just doesn’t have a pose.

On the left is the current UI and on the right is an improved version. How does it look now?

I’ve also been experimenting with a functional build that has list and grid layouts but there is still work to do with how text is aligned on the grid layout.

Certainly looks more natural since there’s the same distance between each letter, Current one looks a bit more odd.

1 Like

Not bad but still looks odd with the so much cornering you did. Also this
maybe add a stroke to them.

1 Like

The OP is using images for rendering characters and they always have such poses. I think you mistook that OP is using a viewport but it seems they aren’t.

1 Like

Thank you to everyone for all the feedback you’ve given to make CFS better. I’ve taken many suggestions and included them in this update.

What’s Changed:

• Improved friend profile text spacing

• Headings in the Preferences window now align to the center instead of the left

• Prices in the catalog browser are now found in the order LowestPrice > Price > LowestResalePrice instead of LowestResalePrice > LowestPrice > Price to mimic the real avatar shop and to avoid confusion when searching specifically by price. This also affects the Relevance sorting type.

I’m glad i was able to get this for free, this plugin is a great time-saver, and the UI and UX is really clean and nice, thanks for making this plugin!

1 Like

CFS 1.3.0 brings multiple fixes, changes, and improvements to the interface and experience of CFS and it introduces an entirely new way to insert avatar accessories.

Highlights

Preferences

Preferences have a new look and now include descriptions so you can better understand how they affect CFS.

The new Activate Transformation Tool setting auto-selects a chosen transformation tool when you insert something while no transformation tools are selected at that time.

Accessory refitting helps ensure accessories appear correctly on avatars, especially on R6 rigs, when loaded.

Instead of inserting an avatar and individually transferring the accessories you want to use over, now you can directly insert them with the Avatar Inspector. Left clicking an accessory displays its type, name, creator, favorites, price, and ID. You can insert it into your world from here as well. If you just want to insert an accessory without looking at its details, right click the tile.

Items load into your world the same way they do with the Catalog Browser, meaning accessories will instantly apply to rigs when you select them as an item’s parent.

And this has been applied across the entire interface too so you can jump right from bookmarks or from inspecting a user to see what they’re wearing. You can also right click your profile or a friend to jump right to the page.

Full release notes

Changes

• Updated look for filters in Catalog Browser
  • Refreshed GUI in Preferences
  • Toolbar icons are all the same color now

Improvements

• CFS uses the Montserrat font for the upcoming removal of the Gotham font
  • Original text scrolling is back
  • Avatar Loader now displays precise loading progress and errors
  • Errors with loading and inserting content are shown more consistently in the output
  • Initial loading in the Avatar Loader is faster and more efficient
  • The catalog browser now loads in sizes of 120 assets over 30 for less interuptions
  • Fewer problems with rigid accessory sizing with R6 player avatars

Features

• Settings now give more information about what each one does
  • New auto-select transformation tool setting in Preferences
  • View, inspect, and load accessories from any user’s avatar with the avatar inspector

CFS is now free! In this update, a few minor issues have been fixed and a couple changes have been made to the way the price filter takes numbers.

Fixes:

• An error occurred when prompting to choose a rig type and no rig type was chosen

• “Price Range” filter allowed negative numbers, nan values, and in some cases, higher minimums than maximums and lower maximums than minimums. Now, “nan” is not accepted, the price can only range from 0 to infinity, and minimums and maximums cannot overlap each other. These changes, also fixe issues with how commas are placed.

Improvements:

• Reverted to old undo/redo interface for more stability
  • When importing gears as models, sounds are also removed

Features:

• Typing “any”, “anything”, or “any price” in either price range field sets the minimum value to 0 and the maximum to infinity. This makes some off-sale assets appear in search results. Pro tip: Type “infinity” or “inf” to set the max value to unlimited.
1 Like