Chance of game broke

Hello guys, I’m gonna probably ask a dumb question, but…
I have made a single player game that I pretend to release soon. I only used scripts and local scripts on the game, and I want to know what’s the chance of the scripts broke by roblox updates?

1 Like

Somewhat likely to Likely.

Scripts break over time from updates or other bugs anyways which is why it’s essential to have modular code for games that are going to be up in the long run. This way you can look back at your code later on without forgetting what you did in certain parts.

Especially if you’re just thinking about releasing, it could have bugs and other things. It’s really inevitable but don’t let it stop you. Just keep maintenance up and your game will be fine. Hope you release soon.

1 Like

Roblox tries to make it so they don’t break games, but they also need to make the engine better. So big updates (Roblox Blog - All the latest news direct from Roblox employees.), which are infrequent, have a high chance of breaking your game, small updates (Studio Beta: Change in behavior of underwater transparency) though they can, are much less likely to do that. Your games will eventually break just due to how much the engine changes, but they are unlikely to break shortly after launch. And Roblox tries to let developers know what they think will potentially break games so developers can fix it before the update is pushed through in the announcements. So as long as you are keeping an eye on those, you should be able to predict what will break your game and fix it.

Basially it’s likely your game will break eventually, but unlikely it will break soon after launch.

1 Like

You have been writing this for so long. Was waiting for it just to mark as Solution :slight_smile:

1 Like