Change a player's humanoid states efficiently?

I have to use humanoid states and sometimes it failes to even change state, so I was wondering if there are other ways to change states fast and reliable.

I don’t think changing from client would work as good, because my script has to change state of the other client and I am not sure if it really does its job so that’s why I’m asking.

If I’m not mistaken, if a character property is changed through a local script owned by the character’s client, it should replicate onto the server: so client is probably the best way to go when altering the humanoid state.

Humanoid:ChangeState() and Humanoid:SetStateEnabled() are both functions capable of changing the player’s humanoid state.

The only thing I’m confused about is what you mean when you say your script has to “change state of the other client”. If you have any questions, let me know!

1 Like

By change state of the other client I meant this:

client 1 → localscript (owned by them, and doing :ChangeState()) → changes state of client 2

maybe this video will help explain that the humanoid state can be set by the network owner

1 Like

I found the best solution, just simply use :FireClient().

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.