Change Default Size?

I want my default size in my game to be 0.5 due to me and my friend (DanDog1DanZRoo) making small builds here’s the game with normal sizes

and here’s me with my size set to 0.5 with admin
I want the size in my game to be set to 0.5 by default. Any help?

1 Like

Place a LocalScript in StarterCharacterScripts to change the character’s size. Scripts in StarterCharacterScripts are placed inside each player’s character every time they spawn.

1 Like

Hmmm ok ill try that.‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎

Edit: I have no clue what to do, I have never touched making scripts in StarterCharacterScripts.

1 Like

If you want it by default you wouldn’t be working with a .Touched event, you want to do something everytime they spawn (CharacterAdded or CharacterAppearanceLoaded).

For your case in particular, realize that in R15 there are a bunch of NumberValues inside of each characters’ Humanoid that can tweak their scaling.

Made this in about 1 minute, tested in studio and it works good:

local SCALE_MOD = 0.5

game.Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(pl)
	pl.CharacterAppearanceLoaded:Connect(function(ch)
		local hum = ch:WaitForChild("Humanoid")

for _, numVal in ipairs(hum:GetChildren()) do
			if numVal:IsA("NumberValue") then
				numVal.Value *= SCALE_MOD
			end
		end
	end)
end)
1 Like

Hello! I’m not really experienced with changing humanoid properties, but I’m pretty sure you can use HumanoidDescription and change the scale settings!

As @wc3u said Scripts inside StarterCharacterScripts are placed inside each player’s character, so you can simply get the character with script.Parent. You can use ApplyDescription to apply all the changes to the body.

Place a ServerScript inside StarterCharacterScripts and place this script: (Make sure to change the numbers to whatever you want them to be!)

local Character = script.Parent
local Humanoid = Character.Humanoid

--Set the humanoid properties:
local humanoidDescription = Instance.new("HumanoidDescription")
humanoidDescription.DepthScale = 0.1
humanoidDescription.HeadScale = 0.1
humanoidDescription.HeightScale = 0.1
humanoidDescription.ProportionScale = 0.1
humanoidDescription.WidthScale = 0.1

-- Apply them to the humanoid:
Humanoid:ApplyDescription(humanoidDescription)
3 Likes

Works good except this image
It does size me but it only shows a black figure

2 Likes

If you’re going to go with that answer, use: local humanoidDescription = humanoid:WaitForChild("HumanoidDescription") instead of local humanoidDescription = Instance.new("HumanoidDescription").

realize though that this doesn’t set their scaling relative to their size, it just sets it to the definitive value of 0.1. I’m not sure if that’s what you wanted.

1 Like

Thanks it workedimage

2 Likes