Change default sounds in RbxCharacterSounds

Eg. I can change Running sound to be same as died. soundId = “ rbxasset://sounds/uuhhh.mp3” but changing to “rbxasset://150258076”
Gives Error = “ Failed to load sound rbxasset://150258076
This later sound plays well when parented to a part in workspace.???
Would it help to preload this sound?
Thanks for any help!

2 Likes

in the StarterPlayer scripts in the player you will find RBXCharacterSounds copy the local script and place it in StarterPlayerScripts in starter player then open the script and then what to do is pretty strait forward

here’s the tutorial I learned just it for THIS

1 Like

I watched the tutorial. Exactly what I have done except rbxassetid versus rbxassetId. I may have wrong capitalization of the “I”. I’ll check.

1 Like

yeah i am pretty sure you spelled Id wrong

1 Like

Ugh!!! Should not have capitalized the :eye:.
One more question. I only want one or a few of characters in the game to have this sound changed, not all. Any ideas?

I’ll check u have answered my question. Thanks!!!

1 Like

how about you put the sound script in Replaced Storage and clone it into the desired player and delete the old sound script :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That may. I’ll try in about an hour. Had to eat and run errand. I’ll checking answered question after I do so u can read my result if interested.
Btw originally I was trying to change the soundId in character.HumanoidRootPart. When I list the items in descendant table, the sounds do not get listed. I applied a long wait to make sure it was loaded. Then used a touch event to try try to check for descendants again. Other descendants are there but not the sounds.

No go.
Deeper into game.
The character whose Running sound needs to be changed is chosen after game starts. Then inside a module script ( just where the character of interest was chosen) , I cloned RbxCharacterSounds from ServerStorage. footsteps don’t change.:flushed: I’ll will work on this a little later. Frustrated right now and need a break from coding. Sometimes that helps.

1 Like

rbxasset refers to content located in the roblox launcher. If you need something from the asset id (uploaded to roblox) then use rbxassetid. So in your case the id would be

"rbxassetid://150258076"