Hello. I want to change the character’s arm to a rigged mesh model. So basically what I want to achieve is to remove the original character arm and replace it with another model that will act as the new arm upon key press. I don’t know what to do at all. Any ideas?
Prepare your mesh arm:
- Place a dummy in workspace.
- Position your arm where you want it on the dummy.
- Duplicate the dummy arm and weld it to your mesh arm.
- Delete everything except the two arm parts.
- Make them a model and weld them together.
- Change transparency property of both parts to 1.
- Click on massless for both parts in the property window.
Position your new arm:
- Use the CFrame of the dummy part.
– Match your mesh arm CFrame with the character’s arm CFrame
(armDummy.CFrame = armCharacter.CFrame)
- Weld your dummy arm the character arm
– Change the transparency property of the character arm to 1 – make it invisible
– Change the transparency property of your mesh arm to 0 – make it visible
Do I use a motor6d or weldconstraint?
Also since there is animationcontroller too the mesh is a model so I can’t use its CFrame.
Make the dummy arm the PrimaryPart of your arm model.
This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.