Change SubtractAsync's returned typechecking value to UnionOperation instead of Instance

Currently, the SubtractAsync method returns an Instance when it’s expected to return an UnionOperation (as it can only return that or nil).
I tend to use typechecking with --!strict on almost everything, with proper typecheckings for everything. When I typecheck the returned item as an UnionOperation, it is considered incorrect giving me a ugly warning line. This is very annoying as I would like for the script editor to treat the returned item as a Union. Which if I try to do, gives me a warning line. As a developer that wants to have things looking clean, a glaring warning line is not clean.

This makes me have to either:

• typecheck it as UnionOperation and have the warning line permanently sitting in my script
  • use the “correct” but actually incorrect typecheck ('Instance')
  • not use typechecking at all for anything regarding SubtractAsync

I personally chose the first option and now have a warning just sitting in the script.

If this were changed I could just simply typecheck the item appropriately as a UnionOperation without having to worry about false-warnings. For perfectionists/people with OCD this change would also help, as said above, they would most likely want their scripts clean and readable which false-warnings do not help with.

Current behaviour:

6 Likes