Change the completely arbitrary gamepass limit

One of my favorite things to do with my game is to create “Limited Time” gamepasses that are only on sale for a certain amount of time and then go off-sale permanently, with those who bought the package getting to keep the perks forever.

However, I’ve reached the limit of the amount of gamepasses you can make for your game (Even though only two gamepasses are on sale right now!)

Please, change the limit on gamepasses to only count passes that are on sale. I love making these limited-time passes and I would hate for something like this to force me to stop.

EDIT: Deleting a pass from your inventory doesn’t untag it from a game. This means that unless this limit is modified or lifted, I will never again be able to make another gamepass for my game, period. This is a massive flaw and has to be fixed.

34 Likes

The gamepass limit is and always has been stupid.

9 Likes

I’m pretty sure you can have unlimited developer products, but gamepasses are so much easier to use and they last forever. I don’t see why we can’t have unlimited gamepasses as well…

It’d make my life so much easier.

3 Likes

[quote] I’m pretty sure you can have unlimited developer products, but gamepasses are so much easier to use and they last forever. I don’t see why we can’t have unlimited gamepasses as well…

It’d make my life so much easier. [/quote]

Dev Products are indeed unlimited. It may be easier to make gamepasses or you could do what loleris does in his Paintball game, which is to use Dev Products for purchases of characters.

Pros. You get unlimited of them

Cons. The player can only buy them inside the game.

The player could forget they own it because they don’t see it in their inventory

A lot harder to Script

Using Data stores to save it may cause some problems if you send lots of Requests.

In other words, We need unlimited Gamepasses!

1 Like

Not really, just only limit the amount of gamepasses allowed on sale at a time per game.

2 Likes

Not really, just only limit the amount of gamepasses allowed on sale at a time per game.[/quote]

This is exactly what I was going to say. Just take the current per place limit and make it on sale per place instead.

1 Like

You could always design your own version of them using Dev Products. It’s a bit more work, but more flexible in the end.

1 Like

It may be a bit more flexible, but it doesn’t exist outside my game.

I want my purchases to be displayed on my game’s page so I don’t have to prompt players to buy them in-game, and I want my players to have my purchases on their profile and to be able to give feedback on said purchases.

ROBLOX’s arbitrary gamepass limit is completely and utterly preventing me from using the game pass feature at all, now that I can no longer create new passes.

1 Like

That’s the same exact thing I had in mind. For the time being, you could simply do this.

‘A lot harder to Script
Using Data stores to save it may cause some problems if you send lots of Requests.’

May I say that those two reaons are bullcrap ?
A lot harder to script, not really since it protects your userbase from scamming. Sure you need to add a extra step to actually get the money, is that a bad thing ?

Using Data Stores :

• Then you are doing something wrong. You should even not hit the limit… You don’t need to save each second… And honestly you can pack data in tables. If you are saving each single thing in a seperate key, then I can understand that your DataStore limit has been runned out.

And why should a Player forget that they have something ? Sorry, but when I play a game, it also isn’t added to a trophy case where my item is showcasing itself. You as Developer should get the Players back in and then suprise them by : Oh, hey ! I still got a Rocket that I didn’t use. FIRE !

Like I’ve said earlier, I don’t want to have to prompt my players to buy persistent purchases in-game. I like displaying the passes on my game’s page for everyone interested to see, I like sometimes advertising & linking to these purchases and yes, some of these passes are expensive and limited-time, so I want the buyers to be able to showcase the pass in their inventory.

ROBLOX can’t just integrate a feature so heavily into games and then arbitrarily wall off its usage.

Pretty sure that’s their entire philosophy.

3 Likes

I have no idea how to script, I found it difficult to paste ‘Hello world!’ into the console. Yes. I didn’t realise you just had to type it.

I build stuff. I don’t want to script, pay someone to script, or have anything to do with scripts. I just want gamepasses because they’re so easy to change. It’s just like “change this number to the ID” changes makes tonnes of wonga

:slight_smile:

#Makingrobux101

I totally agree. While developer products are useful, there are still a lot of situations in which game passes make sense. This is even a setting, so we don’t have to make any code changes to alter it.

I really need this to be lifted before the holidays. If this limit is still in place it will absolutely crush my sales. This is such an easy change to make.

I got around this last year by putting the game passes on more than one place

For me, doing this will still hurt my potential sales from a holiday event. When passes are displayed on a game’s page, they sell themselves.

I had to create a separate place to create more Dodgeball gamepasses (DevProducts didn’t exist). This hurts me because players do not see these passes on the actual game page. I asked long before for a raise of this limit but never heard anything.

Can we please, please get this lifted by winter break.

This will make a massive difference in my sales and doesn’t require any change in the code.