Change the Games Page

It is in my personal interest and quite possibly in the interest of every serious developer on Roblox that the games page should be fixed to favor better games rather than silly one-off games. This thread had quite a bit of support for moving Top Rated to the top of the games page and that was 2 years ago, before the problems became as prominent as they are now.

For anyone interested, the following is a list of reasons why and how the games page should be modified to create a better gaming experience and selection process on Roblox. Any of these points can be argued for or against, they are just my personal opinions about what should be done to improve the games page.

• Restrict “Popular” to show only games with a 60% upvote rating or higher. - This isn’t too high of a filter to demand as most of the games on there already are above this threshold and it would only get rid of the terrible games.
  • Move “Featured” and “Top Rated” close to, if not at the top of the page. - It is more impressive to outsiders if the games they see first are professional and mature compared to “Survive a Giant Pacman.” Also, it makes the top of the page appear cleaner with less icons that attract unsuspecting players into a game that is completely unrelated to the icon just to have more plays.
  • Improve or Remove “Recommended” category - This category of games has served little purpose to me at all and is just an eyesore as nearly all of the games are the aforementioned games that have a thumbnail trying to attract players rather than looking professional. If this category was altered to have the same algorithms as the “Because you liked ___” category but instead look at the 10 or so games that you most recently played, that would make many more games that appeal to the specific player appear rather than the same tycoon and survival games that infest the front page for less than a day before nobody plays it anymore because it is not that good.
  • Remove “sponsored games” - I know this advertisement system is another way to have Robloxians spend more which is ideal for the Roblox economy, but with a page that already had advertisements on it, these games are just clutter. They’re mixed in where they don’t belong, especially ones in the middle of the “Top Rated” category of games.

This is all I could think of off the top of my head but if you can think of anything else that might improve the games page, please do suggest it.

2 Likes
  • I like these ideas
  • I don’t like these ideas
  • I like some of the ideas

0 voters

I agree about a restricted Popular sort, I’d call it “Top Games” or something though.
Recommended such also be removed or drastically improved to show games that actually are tailored to my interests.

1 Like

If Popular sort is ever changed to filter out games with bad ratings there should still be an option to view games by rank of how many players are on, even if it’s not directly on the Games page. What I mean is, it should exist like how you can change the sort filter to go by “Purchased” games.

How many times must we go over this filter issue to find out that the optimal solution is raising a flag to moderators if a popular games falls below a threshold?
More often than not Top rated games are tech demos which would not represent Roblox at all. The current ordering is probably the most profitable for Roblox.
Don’t have an opinion on recommended as I don’t use it. But I guess that in itself speaks volumes.
They choose to do sponsored games to emulate the play store and app store which is profitable for all involved if the game isn’t a sack of crap

EDIT: Thanks @buildthomas, that’s auto correct for you

I think something went wrong there while you were writing that, or I don’t understand what you’re saying

I’ve found sponsored games to be more successful than an ad in some instances. I also think you still need to have that Most Player’s sort, just nowhere near the top.

It’d be nice if the popular section multipled the number of players by the like to like+dislike ratio to sort popular games.

1 Like

Whenever I decide to check the “Popular” games on my phone the bait-and-switch game of the week is always the first game, with a good spread of low quality tycoons following it. Only a few good mobile compatible games are there, but they are always overshadowed by the bait-and-switch ones.

1 Like