Change Topbar script icons to reflect their disabled state

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to distinguish enabled scripts from disabled scripts while editing them. When editing scripts I rarely check the explorer window and instead view my topbar to tell what script I’m currently editing, but it’s missing a color indicator for its disabled state.

Click here for an example of a UX issue

I often find myself making backups/versions of the same scripts within my place; I do give them new names while working, but sometimes I get one script confused for another and end up editing the wrong one. After all, I’m mostly just a misclick away from opening the wrong script. The differences between versions may be small but they’re still important changes nonetheless, sometimes they’re in functions that arent immediately noticed while I’m editing.

My suggestion is to display a grey icon of a script in the topbar as to avoid confusion

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I’d spend less confusing my script versions for others, and writing over unintended code.

12 Likes