Change Wrapped Braces Highlighting In String Interpolation

This is a feature request pertaining to the new Studio Beta for String Interpolation.

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to differentiate between characters part of the string versus the characters meant to be included in the string interpolation block (see figure 1). In other languages, such as TypeScript, the preceding character and wrapped braces to indicate string interpolation are highlighted differently than the rest of the string (see figure 2).

If this issue is addressed, it would improve my development experience because I would be able to easily differentiate between the parts of the string and the string interpolation inline block. Although this is not necessarily an important request, it is a small QoL improvement that would contribute to Luau’s string interpolation being on par with other languages.

Figure 1

Example of Luau string interpolation

Figure 2

Example of TypeScript string interpolation

4 Likes

I believe color differentiation would distinguish the difference between standard strings and interpolated strings of the code.

Also, you can use a backslash to escape the string interpolation caused by Curly Braces
Like So

2 Likes