Changing age after verifying age makes it impossible to verify age again

You’re misunderstanding the OP.
They’ve verified their age, then changed it (causing it to unverify), and now they’re unable to verify it again with the same document on the same account.

This is definitely a bug, as roblox specifically states you’re able to verify again after changing the date:

Even after verifying your age, you can change your birthday anytime. Note that changing your birthday will un-verify your age and revoke access to any content and features that require age verification. If you are above 13, you can verify your age again if you wish

12 Likes

Yep, not only with the same account but with any account I try to use my document on. I don’t know if my document was nullified for trying to put it on another account or what; but it should have given me a warning of sorts prior or notification of it going on.

4 Likes

A lot of people will be affected. :joy: If anyone replicates what I did (simply unverifying their age) then their entire document will be nullified.

3 Likes

If the age verification process detects that the ID birthdate is under 13, you will be unable to verify and change your age again, and bugs can happen to the system, for example, if your date of year is like 04, it could put your birthday to 10 years younger even if it exposed to sunlight.

3 Likes

Possibly, I don’t know the logistics behind what happened because I am unable to try and replicate it. I just know that there’s an issue that needs to be taken care of. I really want to enjoy the voice chat but I’ve been unable to for a week.

2 Likes

This currently is happening to me, I had verified it and changed my age resulting in removing the verified age. Cannot verify it again??? Tried on another account prior and still couldn’t verify.

5 Likes

This has happened to me as well. Tried to verify on main but it got stuck in a loop for a day. I verified on an alt to test it was working and then unverified it by changing my age afterwards. Now my document is completely nullified.

4 Likes

Why would you even change your age after verifying your ID anyway you’re literally just invalidating the info you verified but yee maybe they should add something that’s like “changing your age will remove verification” or whatever

Accidents happen-
Some people have accidently changed their age and pressed save. I’ve seen it before.

1 Like

Maybe I wanted to move my verification onto a different account? I already stated that. Either way I should be warned if my identification is or is going to be nullified. Not really rocket science. I know that this is happening to a lot of people already I’ve had at least 10+ people reach out to me about it. Imagine all the people that can’t even find this post as well?

4 Likes

The exact thing happened to me, my ID got nullified. I’ve tried to verify again a few times and it never works. Roblox support doesn’t help at all too.

I have been affected. I cannot verify my age again. I am simply met with the message “The document provided could not be verified. Please try again later”. This is very upsetting, and I’ve tried for 3 weeks in a row now and it still refuses to verify me.

1 Like

This is still a huge issue even as the new year goes on, I have attempted so often per week to re-verify to age and every time it has rejected me

I have the proper documents (Driver’s License & Passport), tried to use both individually & it still couldn’t allow me to properly verify. This is starting to become a repetitive issue as I’m wanting to verify, but the system won’t allow it for some reason. I find it more weird that we haven’t got any input from the Staff team here at all

Although I am unsure if Spatial Voice entering the public soon could be a case of disrupting the verification, this still needs a HUGE PRIORITY as people who are restricted in this state by not being able to use those verification features have to wait 1 week before trying again. We desperately need transparency :confused:, as ROBLOX is starting to slowly growing more & more players as time goes on, but if things like this aren’t fixed:

Then it seriously needs more attention. Some people still experience this problem to this day (Like me), and the cause of the reason has yet to be discovered from the staff. I really want to hope that we’ll get a response soon, but the lack of transparency makes it difficult for us as a Forum to continue on.

(Also in case you were wondering, I’ve been doing this for over 10+ weeks now & it still denies my document :smiling_face_with_tear:)

2 Likes

Hi,

I’d like to inform everyone that ID re-verifying after changing age settings seems to work now. If you are still unable to re-verify the issue may have to do with something else.

1 Like

Don’t be so sure; this issue has been around for a bit over a year now & due to the update of Spatial Voice rolling out in the US slowly we still haven’t gotten any official response back yet (As of January 13th) from either @k00c1ng or @BitFist having to do with any form of potential Spatial Voice bug fixing

People who are struggling with this (Including me since the same issue is occuring after trying it again recently) still need to have their voices heard about the situation at hand here, assuming that it’s just been randomly fixed without any update from a Staff Member seems like an unlikely case especially since this bug is relevant to a huge feature change, cause not everyone will encounter this hidden fix & still struggle with the same issue as we have yet to wait for any sort of update back from them

My assumption is that verifying again has to do with detecting the same ID verification; and after changing birthday, reverifying your age, etc. Results in the system still assuming that specific ID is already verified as stated in the Age Verification FAQ, which results in a fail having to wait 1 week or so

Age ID Verification cannot be completed on multiple user accounts by a single ID. Users may only verify their ID on ONE Roblox account.

I personally haven’t tried it with a different ID yet, but I feel like that could be a possible workaround if Age Verification is only detecting for 1 unique ID per verifying per account & could be the reason why it’s like that

Not assuming it is fixed as I’ve stated here;

Reason why I am informing this is that my friend who had his age settings changed by his younger brother while AFK was able to ID re-verify with the same ID on his second attempt after waiting a week. I let him know beforehand that this wasn’t possible as I’ve stumbled upon hearing about this issue a long time ago, linking him this thread but was quickly proven wrong as it seems to have worked for him.

I think this is relevant information to mention and may help staff in the investigation of what the underlying problem actually is for the rest of you.

@Bug-Support

1 Like

Guys, i know, that the topic was abandoned for a long time but Roblox has sponsored with another verification system aka “Persona”, so you may have to try it and it may fix the bug if you changed your age while being verified!

1 Like

Hey everyone!

Sorry for not updating this thread!

We are investigating the issue and will follow up when we have updates!

Thank you for your patience!

5 Likes

The current behavior is that you are unable to change your birthday once you verified. Customer service can be contacted to removed your verification, and then you can update your birthday and choose to verify again.

1 Like

I don’t believe that’s possible if the ID verification picks up the DOB field wrong, and your age gets incorrectly changed to <13. Can customer service resolve that?