Changing age after verifying age makes it impossible to verify age again

Reproduction Steps
Can be reproduced by changing your age after age verification. (Not %100 sure but possibly if you try to use the document on another account prior)

Expected Behavior
If it worked properly it would have verified me, because all my information given is correct and all my photos are as clear as day. And if the website didn’t want to verify me it should let me know what’s going on.

Actual Behavior
After the bug is reproduced you will get an error upon verifying that will read “Unable to verify document.” it wont even go through the submission process half the the time either. I don’t know if this is because I tried to use the document on another account but there needs to be a warning prior or notification of what is going on. I personally believe my document has been nullified and anyone who replicates what I did will be unable to use voice chat on Roblox.

Issue Area: Roblox Website
Page URL: Roblox
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2021-11-09 00:11:00 (-07:00)

28 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think this is a bug, you already verified your age but then you changed it and wanted to verify your age again. This seems more like a security measure than a bug to me, I myself see no reason to change my age on the account when I already verified it.

10 Likes

Don’t think it’s a bug, I think it’s a security measure to prevent multiple accounts from using the same ID. I think it said, “Unable to verify your document” is saying that this ID has been used or connected to an already existing account. Use a different one if what I’m seeing is correct. That way, it can’t be abused. This is if you want voice chat on your second account or even alt.

4 Likes

I would say this is true but I tried to verify again on the account I first verified with and it still wouldn’t let me. This seems like something they didn’t prepare for and could happen again and again in the future.

4 Likes

Yeah no one asked if you do or do not have a reason to unverify lol. This happened to me and it could happen to other people in the future. I don’t know if I’d call it a bug but it isn’t something that they’ve prepared for. There should be a warning message for unverifying or a cooldown notification if this were the case.

4 Likes

I disagree on that. As far as I know, there’s no legitimate reason to verify your age, change the date and verify again with a different age. This clearly confirms that multiple identity documents from different individuals are being used, which can be an indication for identity fraud. (No law-abiding citizen has two identity documents with different birthdays on it)

I agree on the fact that a proper notification has to be shown though. It isn’t clear if your account has been flagged or that something went wrong at their side.

1 Like

You clearly don’t understand what I am saying. I figured that you could only have one form of identification per account. (so I changed my age so that my current identification would be available for my other account.) I am only using one form of identification. I changed my age and then changed it right back.

But yeah, that being said: There should either be a warning or notification saying either WHAT is wrong or WHAT can be done to prevent not ever being able to verify again. WHICH is a MAJOR issue.

4 Likes

My bad, I suggest you to describe that in the topic though. I don’t think everyone will understand your concern without the context you just posted.

I don’t think it’s such a major issue though. Not many users are affected, as the criteria is the following (according to your information):

1. Multiaccounting (operating multiple accounts)
  2. Verifying age on account 1.
  3. Changing age (and back to the original) on account 1.
  4. Attempting to verify on account 2 (<- does the issue appear here?)

At the moment, the problem is vague to me and I don’t think many are being affected.

I understand that the issue is frustrating to you, and I believe that Roblox support might help you quicker than waiting for a Roblox engineer to review your bug report and file a ticket.

3 Likes

You’re misunderstanding the OP.
They’ve verified their age, then changed it (causing it to unverify), and now they’re unable to verify it again with the same document on the same account.

This is definitely a bug, as roblox specifically states you’re able to verify again after changing the date:

Even after verifying your age, you can change your birthday anytime. Note that changing your birthday will un-verify your age and revoke access to any content and features that require age verification. If you are above 13, you can verify your age again if you wish

12 Likes

Yep, not only with the same account but with any account I try to use my document on. I don’t know if my document was nullified for trying to put it on another account or what; but it should have given me a warning of sorts prior or notification of it going on.

4 Likes

A lot of people will be affected. :joy: If anyone replicates what I did (simply unverifying their age) then their entire document will be nullified.

3 Likes

If the age verification process detects that the ID birthdate is under 13, you will be unable to verify and change your age again, and bugs can happen to the system, for example, if your date of year is like 04, it could put your birthday to 10 years younger even if it exposed to sunlight.

3 Likes

Possibly, I don’t know the logistics behind what happened because I am unable to try and replicate it. I just know that there’s an issue that needs to be taken care of. I really want to enjoy the voice chat but I’ve been unable to for a week.

2 Likes

This currently is happening to me, I had verified it and changed my age resulting in removing the verified age. Cannot verify it again??? Tried on another account prior and still couldn’t verify.

5 Likes

This has happened to me as well. Tried to verify on main but it got stuck in a loop for a day. I verified on an alt to test it was working and then unverified it by changing my age afterwards. Now my document is completely nullified.

4 Likes

Why would you even change your age after verifying your ID anyway you’re literally just invalidating the info you verified but yee maybe they should add something that’s like “changing your age will remove verification” or whatever

Accidents happen-
Some people have accidently changed their age and pressed save. I’ve seen it before.

1 Like

Maybe I wanted to move my verification onto a different account? I already stated that. Either way I should be warned if my identification is or is going to be nullified. Not really rocket science. I know that this is happening to a lot of people already I’ve had at least 10+ people reach out to me about it. Imagine all the people that can’t even find this post as well?

4 Likes

The exact thing happened to me, my ID got nullified. I’ve tried to verify again a few times and it never works. Roblox support doesn’t help at all too.

I have been affected. I cannot verify my age again. I am simply met with the message “The document provided could not be verified. Please try again later”. This is very upsetting, and I’ve tried for 3 weeks in a row now and it still refuses to verify me.

1 Like