Changing costumes on Avatar editor does not change your avatar's skin tone

I still have this problem too, does mobile fix this?

This happens to me as well, but a work around is to equip the avatar a second time.

2023, I am having this issue.

But it makes my skin tone change to the default roblox grey-ish + dark green torso.
With all my outfits, forcing me to manually select the previous skin tone.

1 Like

After 2 years this issue is still not fixed…

1 Like

Hello folks, thank you for reporting this issue. We were not able to reproduce this particular issue. Could you provide a consistent way to reproduce this? Preferably on a fresh account to help us investigate this issue further.

2 Likes

In my experience, there’s no consistency to when this issue occurs. Most of the time changing skin color works fine, but sometimes it just decides to not work, almost as if the server failed to recognize that skin color needed to change.

I can say that something I made with noblox.js for changing avatars sometimes fails with the error “Set body colors failed.” Weird thing is it starts working again when I restart the utility. Minus that, it works flawlessly.

1 Like

I have had this issue happen from time to time. I have no idea why it happens, but it happens WAY more commonly on the app than on the website. One of my friends has had it never work on them on the app but fine on the website here I get mixed results on both the app and site

Almost every single time I switch outfits in the desktop avatar editor I have to spam click it like 20 times until my body colors finally update.

The same issue sometimes happens with scales, but it has a much lower failure rate.

2 Likes

I’ve encountered a new issue where I have to spam click an outfit in order to change it at all, I have no idea what’s going on anymore.