Changing costumes on Avatar editor does not change your avatar's skin tone

Issue Type: Other
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: Can’t remember, I’ve experienced this for a few days but am only writing this bug report now since it’s affecting my Avatar editor experience

Reproduction Steps:
This bug is simple, when changing costumes it annoyingly does not load the correlated skin tone that belongs with that costume.

1. Open the “Avatar” on your Roblox sidebar.
  2. Click the “Costumes” tab on the top right.
  3. Select a new costume, preferebly one with visible skin tone different from the avatar you are currently wearing. Your accessories will change, but your skin tone will remain the same.

(Recorded from an alternative account, same behavior on my main account as well)

Expected Behavior:
Upon changing your costume, I would expect your skin tone to change as well.

Actual Behavior:
The skin tone doesn’t change :)

Workaround:
Really the only way to fix this in the meantime is to manually change your skin tone which, for obvious reasons, is frustrating.

59 Likes

I believe that this has been fixed. This happened to me before, but it doesn’t seem to be happening anymore.

Nope. Unfortunately for me, this is still happening.

7 Likes

I just checked up on my avatar and this skin color was messed up. I realized this happens when changing costumes too quickly because the body type and size is sometimes wrong too. This is still happening.

1 Like

Avatar doesn’t load avatar-icon once changes are made

I’m not sure if this is the same, but it is very similar.

1 Like

Yep, there are a number of issues with the Avatar editor right now. I’ve noticed that as well.

3 Likes

Can confirm at least from the last time I messed with it;

There’s a lot of issues right now, for example me personally, a lot of items I can wear two or more from the same type just randomly.

1 Like

It doesn’t change Rig type between R6 or R15 either.

6 Likes

I’ve been having this issue for a couple of days now started happening randomly. it is pretty annoying having to go and manually change the skin tone especially if you have an outfit that doesn’t have the same color on all parts. Something I’ve noticed though is that if you switch to an outfit with a black color it changes.

1 Like

Skin tone also does not seem to replicate correctly for a bit after changing an outfit… (skin tone did change to display the correct colour after about 15 seconds)

After changing my outfit back to the outfit I had on originally, the intended effect would be that the new outfit has the skin tone displayed above. This however does not happen and the skin tone stays the same as the old outfit.

3 Likes

This bug seems to only occur on the website and not the mobile app (based on what I’ve tested). Something else I have noticed is that updating an already existing costume does not change the costumes image, however refreshing the page fixes it, unsure if it is related however it started occurring around the same time.

3 Likes

Sorry for bumping this topic, but it’s still a huge issue. Roblox team needs to look at this. I have to change skin tone manually after changing a costume. I’m using chrome browser on Windows 10. It happens on both, R15 & R6 Rig, and happens everytime I change costume.

1 Like

This bug is still around. The Roblox staff should at least try to fix this instead of focusing in rthro events.

3 Likes

I also believe to be fixed but this could simply be the website fault because of how old it is but Roblox is going to make like a desktop app like the mobile version because they would like to modernize the platform but yeah it happened here an there because of how old it is and/or your internet sometimes.

2 Likes

There already is a desktop app like the one in Mobile, I actually tested it a while ago (kinda) but went back to the website in less than 1 day because of how laggy it is. SharkBlox made a video on how to access it.

2 Likes

This bug is still persistent and is quite annoying. Not only is skin tone affected but also clothes and sometimes avatar proportion sizing.

1 Like

Clothes too? This never happened to me so it’s probably a new bug. I wonder when Roblox Staff will try to fix all of these bugs.

I tested this again today and the issue seems to have been fixed.

The issue is less frequent, but body proportions and costumes with different rig types (R6/R15) still don’t change. Occasionally skin tones don’t change either.

1 Like

still broken for me 70% of the time

2 Likes