Changing death Sound without forking Scripts

I think I got a Solution.

(LocalScript)
Listen to ChildrenAdded in Workspace. If Children is a Character then change the Death Sound.
(It also works with other people’s Characters.)

You can’t do that, as I explained above the sounds can’t be seen from the server.

The problem is that it doesn’t appear on the Server and does on the Client.

Changing it with a localscript won’t replicate the change to everyone, only the single player.

Maybe try a RemoteEvent that fires with the location of the sound and set it from there? But that would probably also have the issue of the script not noticing it. This is quite odd that the functionality is like this

Yes and that is the point in my solution.

I will check if it 100% works and let you know (I will also provide a Baseplate).

1 Like

I just made a simple Solution (I think it will work). Check my above posts. My point is that you can see other player’s Sounds so a LocalScript in every Player may work.

May I ask why you don’t want to fork the script that is used for this purpose?

Oh I see now, that could work too, I guess.

What if the Script that forks the Sounds gets updated and won’t longer work fine with old change (that’s what was always hunting me about forking that Scripts as they do change - some of them even once in 2 years).

Something like that happened with the Animate script I used in one of my games, but it didn’t really change anything, I updated it and moved my custom changes along.
Keep in mind it’s still Luau scripting, it’s not in depth core related work, which you can’t mess around with anyways.

OK, here’s what I have got so far: oof sound testing.rbxl (22.9 KB)

Only works with LocalClient. Changing Died Sound of other Players doesn’t seem to work (normal OOF plays).

I’ll have to fork the Scripts I guess.