Changing death Sound without forking Scripts

The title says it all. I want to replace OOF sound with other sound without forking scripts. Is this possible? If yes then how?
Thanks.

I believe there’s a Sound object somewhere inside that has the Oof Sound ID the Character has, maybe you could replace that every time the Character gets added to a game?

As @Jackscarlett mentioned, in the player’s Character, there are sound files, I believe either in the Head or the RootPart (check all the parts to be safe on the location), one of them should be for the death sound

You can make it so when their Character respawns, it changes the SoundId of the Death sound to your custom one by referencing the location of it and changing the property

@Jackscarlett, @EmbatTheHybrid

I don’t think it has. Searched ‘Sound’ in Explorer and couldn’t find any Sounds in Character.

• Click “Play” on Studio
  • Check the Character’s HumanoidRootPart inside the Explorer (workspace.Player)

You should find it there (Just tested it out)

That’s odd, surely there’s sounds in their character, do what @Jackscarlett mentioned instead using the Explorer’s search feature

@Jackscarlett, @EmbatTheHybrid

I checked it myself. Still not. Any other ideas?

The server can’t see them, only the client can.

When you spawn the sounds are added into the rootpart.
Client
Server

Yep you are right. I’ll experiment with the Sounds and mark first Reply as a Solution.

Which means you need to edit the RbxCharacterSounds script then add it in starterplayerscripts.

Copy paste it from the play session.

1 Like

Simply change these.
CharacterSounds(StarterPlayerScripts).lua (8.8 KB)

Well, really I don’t know what the harm of forking scripts is. All you need to do is copy the script from PS (player scripts) and modify to your will, then paste the edited script with the same name into starter player scripts.

But since you asked, I think in the player’s Head, there are sounds, and you can modify that on the server whenever the player is added.

As I said above no, you can’t do that from the server’s perspective.
Your only way to modify core sounds is to replicate what I did, it’s simple.
Yeah, you need to touch a pre-made local script, but what else can you do? There’s no harm in that.

I know right. Don’t get what OP is trying to do here. Please elaborate why you would need to do this @Jermartynojm .

Is doing the following good:

script.Parent:WaitForChild("HumanoidRootPart"):WaitForChild("Died").SoundId = "rbxassetid://1474367957" --Loud OOF Sound is just an example.

in LocalScript located in StarterPlayer > StarterCharacterScripts?

Will the new Sound be hear - able on the Server? Will it affect the Game in any way (as the Sound is not changed with forking Scripts)?

I said without forking. Also this questions from Reply number 15.

If it’s a LocalScript, no as it’ll only be heard from your side I believe

Everyone else individually will be able to hear their own custom death sound though

Any other thoughts on changing the Sound without forking the Scripts?

Not really, the starter local script is the only way to change it so the sounds replicate to everyone, I can’t see any other possible way.

However if someone jumps in and surprises the both of us, then wow.

What you could do is this

In a script in ServerScriptService, do the following

• Create a playeradded event
  • Create a CharacterAdded event with the player parameter
  • Use the character parameter of CharacterAdded to get the HumanoidRootPart
  • Get the sound from the HumanoidRootPart
  • Set the sound to the id you want