Changing entire active game to something else

Hello devs!

I have a small adventure game which pops up on search and has some active players, but it’s dying. I was thinking about changing entire game to different genre (Pvp with core looping) by overwriting it and changing title with the icon. I wonder if anyone ever overwrote their active game, and if so my questions are:
Did you lose any players?
Did the game disappear from search?
How well does your game after overwriting?
Do you still make money out of it?

Even if you never overwrote an active game you can still show me some support on this question.

1 Like

Hello!

Overwriting games is a rather interesting matter; for example, if an OG player searches for the game, they will not find it.

If you expect any old players to join, I recommend just creating a new place. If there are some assets from the old place you’d like to use, just copy and paste them into the new game.

1 Like

if you change the name and description of your game, and if it’s unrelated to the previous name and description then yes, it should disappear from search. It takes a couple of days though.

this happens because the search algorithm is based on keywords taken from the metadata of the game’s title and description.

1 Like

The thing is my players are mostly 4 years olds on IPads and I have no players coming back and my game mostly relies on search engine.

1 Like