Changing idle animation in-game doesn't work

Gonna keep it as short as possible. The problem here is really simple and the title says it all: changing the animation ID of the animation track, located in the Animate script doesn’t change the animation while playing.

I’m using this code right here to change the animation when the button to change character is pressed:

char.Animate.idle.Animation1.AnimationId = "rbxassetid://507767714"
(char is the player’s character btw)

Yes, I am using a global script, and using a local script will only change the animation for the client, so only the local player will see the new animation. And yes, I tried moving after changing the ID. In the screenshots you can clearly see the ID changes, but the animation isn’t replicating. In the third screenshot you can see which should be the new animation playing (I changed the ID from the StarterCharacterScripts’ Animate script before launching the game so I could show you. Looks like that’s the only way, you can’t change animations in-game.)

I’ve been trying to understand the reason it ain’t working for a while now. If you have any solutions, I would appreciate some help. Thanks.

the following page might help you:

If you notice, that’s exactly the same line of code I use, that changes the AnimationId of the anim. track located in the animate script. I really don’t know what’s wrong tbh.

Did you find a solution? I’m having the same issue

Ye I wrote my own animate script. The default Roblox one is too complex, I didn’t want to waste time to figure out how to do it.

Make sure you’ve changed the animation ID in both the actual script and the animation object.