Changing jump height causing jumping glitch - How to fix it?

I changed the jump height in my game (through the game settings in studio) from the default (2 meters or so) to about 0.5 meters to be more realistic. The problem is, now it does a weird double jump thing that it didn’t do before. I am really not sure how to fix it or what to do about it. If I tap the spacebar very quickly the double jumping doesn’t happen, but if I press it a normal amount of time (not even as long as it takes to land after the jump), it does the double jump.

maybe the jump power is too low or you’re hitting an invisible part when you jumped

1 Like

No part that I could be hitting. I didn’t change the jump power (it is greyed out), I only chaged the jump height from 7 or so (default → 2ish meters) to 2 (0.56 meters)

oh yes, I’m sorry i read it wrong. i will try to recreate what you did and see if the bug occurs.

1 Like

I tried changing the jump power instead of the jump height so that it was still jumping about 0.5 meters, and again the double jump problem happened. When I did it at about 1 meter, the problem didn’t happen.

oh, then it maybe because the you set it too low.

1 Like

Is there any way to fix this though keeping that height?

it maybe a bug in the engine itself, why not just do 1 meter?

1 Like

I might have to. I thought half a meter was a pretty good realistic jump height, but I dont mind 1 meter. I guess I will go with that. Thank you for the help!

1 Like