Changing player position stops their velocity

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve?
    While player is moving if they hit the portal, they teleport and still keep moving with the same velocity.

2. What is the issue?
    When I change player’s root Position, they stop after teleporting.

3. What solutions have you tried so far?
    I tried changing CFrame instead but It makes player can’t move for some seconds after teleporting.

I have to note that in this game. Player’s networkOwnerShip is set to nil (Server).

local root = pl.Character.HumanoidRootPart
root.Position = Destination.Position

What if you take not of the players assembly velocity before teleporting, and then setting the velocity to the previously saved value?

Ngl I was just going to say to set the velocity to a number value instead of setting it in scripts. That way you can keep the velocity at all times.

That didn’t work. Here is what I did just right now. Seems like velocity doesn’t change but something happens that gives that little stop lag after tp in the first video.

I added a print before & after tp for velocity.

Hm, might be due to the network ownership? Try setting ownership to player while it is teleporting and see if that works somehow

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.