Changing the acceleration of Roblox Jeep

So you know the default Roblox Jeep? Jeah I want to know how it would be possible to change the acceleration of the car. I didnt find any code for it and it just looks stupid if it accelerates instantly to max speed, also with the going backwards.
Thats the Jeep btw.
https://www.roblox.com/library/290307816/Jeep

3 Likes

I am pretty sure that the ROBLOX Jeep uses a VehicleSeat, which if you want to change the acceleration, select the VehicleSeat and change the Torque property.

1 Like

Jeah I tried that but nothing changed.
I tried diffrent values ranging from 0.1 to 100 but nothing changed.

1 Like

Seems like that Jeep uses BodyThrusters, instead of the VehicleSeat for movement, which means some script modification will be needed.

1 Like

Oh interesting. Alright
hmm any idea?

1 Like

I will try to make you a vehicle that can have it’s acceleration modified and get back to you when I have it working.

1 Like

If you really do that hit me up on discord. Wow

1 Like

You can find the fixed jeep here, just modify the Torque as it relies on the VehicleSeat now:

1 Like

Well, I can change the Torque now yes, that is correct, but it doesnt move so smoothly as it did before. I wanted that smooth movement plus the acceleration :frowning:

1 Like

I’ve been working on figuring out this same issue for a while now; the only possible way I’ve found to add acceleration/deceleration using the Jeep mechanics is too completely modify the body movers being used, or using the Tween-Service to “fake” it accelerating. Changing the BodyVelocity into BodyForce allows you to actually simulate acceleration as force is slowly applied till it reaches its goal, instead of keeping it at a constant velocity. As far as I know, this is also what Jailbreak styled vehicles do; they probably use BodyForce, BodyGyro, and BodyAngularVelocity for smooth turning (and maybe BodyPosition for re position with the BodyGyro to flip?). Hope this helps, and if you find another way, message me as it might help me too :smiley:

10 Likes

correct. That’s how I did it in the end :))

2 Likes