Changing the Filter by Action in the Audit Log does not reset the current page

Bug:
The current page number does not reset when changing the filter by action in a groups audit log.

How to reproduce the bug:

1. Find two different actions with a different number of pages (Like Remove Member or Delete Post)
  2. Go to the higher of the two actions, for example, if action 1 had 2 pages but action 2 had 3, select action 2.
  3. Go beyond the max number of pages for the other action. Let’s say action 1 has 2 pages and action 2 has 3 pages, I would go to page 3 of action 2.
  4. Now that you are on the higher page of the two actions, re-select the other action in the dropdown. In this case, I would re-select action 1.
  5. At this point, there will be no results, as there aren’t that many results.
  6. If you go back to the previous action, you will return to the page you were previously on.
  7. Set the page back to 1 and re-select the lower of the two actions, in this case, action 1.
  8. Boom, there’s where the logs were hiding.

If you monitor the URL during this, you will see the pageNum parameter stays the same between actions

This bug happens to everyone who I have test it and I would believe the page should reset when the filter action is changed or at the very least be set to the filters highest page if exceeded.

Other Information:

• User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/73.0.3683.103 Safari/537.36
  • Platform Type: PC
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • All browser extensions are disabled
1 Like