Changing the neon strength

Is there a way for me to lower the intensity of my neon part?

Right now the only solution is to lower the transparency and make a smaller part inside. This is very ineffective though.

2 Likes

It currently is not possible to do so. The only way to work around it is to, as you said, lower the transparency and/or make a smaller part inside of it.

I mean, you could always change the lightness/darkness slider in the rgb editor. It works

1 Like

Materials don’t currently have their own properties to adjust. This would make a great feature request, though.

3 Likes

You can’t change the neon intensity, although I’ve found one way to bypass this, that way being to cover it in black decals/textures and setting the transparency to a certain amount, but even that is tedious.

2 Likes

I think custom materials would be awesome, similar to the way Unity does it where you can make a material and apply it to any parts/objects you like.

4 Likes

The way I’ve been able to adjust it is by taking a smooth plastic (or any texture) brick, putting it over the Neon brick, and adjusting the transparency. Being able to change the intensity would be a nice feature though.

1 Like

Changing the darkness of the colour will get you what you want. It’d have the same effect if there was an intensity property.

3 Likes

Material-specific properties feature request thankyouverymuch. It’s needed. A lot.

1 Like

If I’m not mistaken, I believe that they are adding in a feature so that you can change the intensity of neon. I think I remember seeing a video on this, my apologies if I’m mistaken. But if I am correct, you can expect to see neon intensity properties coming very soon.

3 Likes

Thats nice.