Changing tracking status on a category changes others'

I recently started tracking #updates:announcements through the appropriate forum feature because I wanted to receive notifications about new updates, although I noticed that doing so changes other categories’ tracking statuses. For example after I changed the tracking status for #updates:announcements I started to get notifications for the private OAuth2.0 category posts.

You are “Watching” the #roblox-surveys:betas category which means you are being notified of every single topic and reply in that category.

I checked your notifications and this lines up. You’re not seeing private posts, you are getting notifications for the beta thread: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/open-cloud-oauth20-alpha-program/1791194

My hunch is you accidentally enabled this (if you didn’t intend this). Treating this as resolved but if you have clear repro steps that reproduce the issue 100% of the time, let us know.

3 Likes

That is weird because the beta category setting is on normal unless you changed it, in that case I apologise, I didn’t notice it.

Please review my post above again. You’re not looking at the right category.

See your notification level on #roblox-surveys:betas

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.