Changing Walkspeed with StarterCharacters

Hello. I was recently stuck on an issue that has arosen in my game development process. I am trying to change the players walkspeed whilst using a StarterCharacter.

I’ve looked at several other people’s codes but nothing worked for me. No error messages, in output or script analysis. Nothing.

There was one particular DevForum post about this peculiar topic but as a starter-developer of only 3 years without much knowledge, this left me stumped. I am too new to understand, and I would love to get personal solutions.

Here is one of my attempts, a simple but an inoperative and ineffective attempt;

local Player = game:GetService("StarterPlayer")

--For animation1: Player.Character:FindFirstChild("Humanoid").WalkSpeed = 32

Player.CharacterWalkSpeed = 64

Thank you so much for helping me try to achieve this goal, if I seem to be making a major mistake that may be jeopardizing my scripting journey, please let me know as any tips are duly noted and mistakes being seen and acknowledged is greatly wanted.

You can change it in the explorer with the “Humanoid” instance inside your character, or use this code

local Player = game.Players.LocalPlayer
local Character = Player.Character or Player.CharacterAdded:Wait()
local Humanoid = Character:WaitForChild("Humanoid")
Humanoid.WalkSpeed = 64
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.