Character Animations

How could I allow a player to change their movement animations? I’ve tried changing the humanoiddescription and the humanoid animations in the under the animate script but none have worked

1 Like

Hi.
As far as I know, the best way to do this is by replacing the player’s character’s default Animate script. I understand you said that this didn’t work out too well for you, but you should be explaining what wasn’t working- with some debugging on your part.

This is also not the first time someone asked a question about this on here.

Can you try following the solution in this thread and post any struggles back here?

Please Google before asking:

Because there is already an article on what you want.

i’ve already tried this and it doesnt work

You should read my post too. Telling us “doesn’t work” also doesn’t help us find a solution. You need to provide your attempt and tell us what didn’t work, with some debugging on your part…

You can’t be vague to us and expect us to help. You just got 2 recommendations so far. Try re-implementing them and walk us through what isn’t working.
For all we know, it could be a simple mistake you made in which we could guide you to fix. I will GLADLY help you if you can put some effort on your side to let us help you.

I will re-insert the link I sent you:

1 Like

i told you i’ve tried modifying the humanoiddescription animations and the animate script and none worked

Phil, did everything I tell you went out the other ear?..
I understand something didn’t work, but you need to provide us more information. These methods to change the character’s animations are still being used by many games on Roblox today.

If you’re trolling me, I will flag your post.

Please re-read everything I sent you…

Telling us “doesn’t work” also doesn’t help us find a solution. You need to provide your attempt and tell us what didn’t work…

Okay, so changing the Animate script “didn’t work” according to you. So tell us how you tried to do it so we can figure out if it’s some mistake your making or what.
We need screenshots of what you’re doing, we need words, we don’t need "bro it doesnt work help".

How else can we help if you literally tell us nothing?
I cannot read your mind to figure out what’s going on.

Why would I be trolling you? Also stop threatening to flag my post I’ve told you which methods I have tried and I don’t understand how you still cannot understand. I’ve deleted the scripts haven’t worked so I am unable to show you the scripts

I’ve deleted the scripts haven’t worked so I am unable to show you the scripts

You finally gave some new information that can point us in the right direction. Alright, you’ve deleted all your scripts, cool.
I know that I sent you a link that doesn’t require you to use existing scripts. I never got word from you that you followed any of the instructions nor struggled with one:

Have you read the solution in this thread? :rofl: It’s giving you STEPS to read and follow. Have you read anything I’ve said carefully?
I don’t think so.
Start reading the steps if you really want help. I’ll help you along the way.

I’ve checked the “Change Default Animations” thread and i did the exact same thing

Is AnimationID really how it is supposed to be referenced? The real property is called AnimationId. You should’ve got an error for indexing a non-existent property (case sensitive).

I have also tried changing the AnimationId manually

I’m a little lost on what you’ve tried. You copied over the Animate script from the game session into Studio right? Into StarterCharacterScripts?

No, I’ve went into the character and manually inputted the animation id into the AnimationId

Phil, I’m not sure why you’d be doing that but you should be copying over the default Roblox Animate script and modifying the AnimationIds used in it to your own needs. This should be done by playtesting in Studio and copying it directly from your normal character- Then you exit playtest and paste in the Animate script back into StarterCharacterScripts.

Certain local scripts with certain names in StarterPlayer will replace default ones with the same name provided by Roblox, effectively allowing you to change the default animations.

Are you also working with a normal character or custom? Things should still be the same though.

If you can provide me screenshots of you doing all this properly, I won’t be more confused when trying to help. Recently I was also trying to help someone with replacing default animations, they used the same method and it worked.

Not sure why it also wouldn’t work here.

Someone had the same problem yesterday, here is a solution:

This is the exact thing I was referring to :woman_shrugging: