Character arms not animating

It seems arms sometimes no longer animate when they should:

I haven’t changed these animations for months now, it just looked like this one day.

Are you sure you don’t have some other animation playing that’s overriding the arms?

My arms are animating fine.

Yep, no other animations are playing. As mentioned, I haven’t changed any of the animations for months, so I don’t get why it suddenly doesn’t work - also it seems occour to animations where the arms touch the player’s head… :?

Is it possible that any type of welds are involved with the arms? Because if you attach welds to the arms then it may not run animations on those parts.

Sorry for the late reply, but no. There have been zero welds involved at any time.

Can you reproduce this issue on a baseplate, using a single animation?

Definitely:

This place has nothing but this localscript inside of it (the rest is default Roblox scripts):

local crouchingAnimation = Instance.new("Animation")
crouchingAnimation.AnimationId = "http://www.roblox.com/Asset?ID=277490919"
crouchTrack = game.Players.LocalPlayer.Character.Humanoid:LoadAnimation(crouchingAnimation
crouchTrack:Play()

Are the arms (as they are now) the same as in Animation Editor?

Also, attempting to import the animation in the editor causes studio to crash. As you can see in the link below, the animation hasn’t changed for 2+ months as of this post.

http://www.roblox.com/Crouch-item?id=277490919

Edit:

This happened after attempting to import it several times… (this is a screenshot, I did not put that big white box there :open_mouth:) Also; no errors in output.

OH GOD, It’s the white box of death! (Obvious reference)

Can you try the animation online? Does it animate there?

It does play, but with the arms to it’s side. Online is where we first met the problem.

It sounds like the animation is very broken. This only happens with this animation right?

Edit: Perhaps the animation isn’t broken. It’s not detecting the arms though (it would appear). Will look into.

I’ve experienced this before, no repro but sometimes the arms don’t move in animations for some odd reason.

Regarding Importing/loading crashing, I believe that is explained for. I imported your animation and there is a keyframe at 90000 seconds. That means the editor is going to be creating, assuming your time interval is at 0.1s, will be creating 900,000 gui labels. That would explain the crash.

I’m still looking into why the arms refuse to animate.

Very odd! In any case, here’s the other animation which has failing arms:

Same goes here, haven’t changed it in 2+ months. This is how it looks in the editor:

Be aware that importing it causes the editor to generate incorrect keyframes at certain positions, as shown here:

The circled keyframe did not exist in the uploaded animation, so like I mentioned, the editor generates those keyframes itself.