Character faces camera without any code telling it to do so

Happening to me too. Annoying…

Changing the camera movement type in game fixes it, temporarily. Shiftlock does not.

2 Likes

Basically nothing, I had view models in the game and thought that was affecting it, but it’s not.

I have this saved as a file, so maybe that’s why?

just launched studio back up and the bug is gone

We’ve reproduces this both in studio and in game, across different computers. Mouse shift lock can be disabled and it still reproduces. No consistent repo steps. Restarting studio did not fix it. Closing and reopening studio did.

1 Like

This is happening on Mobile in games too. In every game too, even ones without shiftlock.

This is most probably a Roblox camera module bug. You may try to look into the module.

Actually it has now been occuring in games like Bedwars too, and it’s getting really annoying.

And yes, I can confirm too that this issue has been occuring without writing any line of code by the developer on it.

I believe I’ve found a way to consistently cause this bug. If you enter first-person then stop testing (use escape), the next time you start testing, your character will always face away from the camera, even if you use free-cam (SHIFT+P).

1 Like

I just fount this bug today while developing my project. And Yes , I was using camera manipulation causing the camera to go first person. And when I stop testing , my character is in a seemingly permanent shift-lock , with out no code of mine telling it to do so!

But now that I know the cause of it , thank you!

1 Like

I just ran into this in Studio too. I thought it was something wrong with my code, but fully restarting Studio seemed to fix it.

It may be worth filing a bug report.

I’m also still having this issue, had it for months and I can’t do anything to fix it so I’ve just gotten used to it now. Oddly enough, this only happens on my main account, @Cosmoaxis but although I’m using the same device the bug does not occur on any other account.

I think its solely a studio bug, as when I try team testing, the issue is gone entirely.
But, when I try it with the normal play test, the issue occurs again…

i actually just got it in game, idk why something about r6 :man_shrugging:

OH MY GOSH ROBLOX, It have been 4 MONTHS AND ITS STILL NOT FIXED.

I literally have to restart studio every 10 minutes because this annoying glitch keeps happening

The only time i experience this error is when i die with shift lock on
(Also ragdoll function triggers too)

Still having this. THis is annoying to see this in my upcoming meme game, terrible chaos. Roblox will not take note of this issue. :frowning:

Do you have shiftlock enabled?

It’s a confirmed studio bug

Restarting studio and avoiding being in first person when you exit a game

So I assume there is currently no fix to this?