Character gets flung when walking into objects (Skinned mesh - customphysicalproperties)

My character gets flung when walking into objects / spinning near objects. The viewmodel has collisions turned off, and the only part in the player that has collisions on is the rectangular hitbox. (Photo below)

^ Shows what happens when the character walks into objects

Any ideas as to why this is happening? I’m honestly clueless.

8 Likes

create collision group for viewmodel

2 Likes

Viewmodel already has its own collisiongroup that doesn’t collide with anything else.

1 Like

Consider making the skinned mesh massless?

2 Likes

Nope. That just made the character slide around…

It appears hitbox is some kind of mesh? If it is, then try changing it to a part

maybe check and set up collision groups properly for your hitbox and game objects to ensure they don’t interact with each other, put them in different collision groups.

Do you have any custom movement script that changes the velocity of the character?

Additionally, do you use a BodyGyro for moving the character?

Nope. It’s all the default roblox movement.

It’s a normal part. Not sure why is has rounded corners in studio.

1 Like

This wouldn’t fix the issue as it happens with walls too.

Have you tried making the part CanCollide false?

That defeats the point of the part. It’s the hitbox.

If the scale is not 1, make it 1. If it is not 1 it will slide around.

Sliding is not the issue. I fixed the sliding issue a while ago.

Maybe its you need to enable the Massless property on your character or disable CanCollide.

Have you considered making the character’s collider a cylinder?

Someone on my discord managed to help me fix this.
It was an issue with the shape of the hitbox - the Rectangular shape meant that it sometimes clipped into other parts when the player turned around.

All I had to do was change the player’s hitbox to more of a square than a rectangle (see image below)

Thank you all for attempting to help - I really appreciate it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.