Character holding animation issue

It appears the character’s tool holding animation takes priority over any other animation when it comes to the torso joint.

In the below example you’ll notice the character torso move up and down as it “breathes”. This is intentional.

However, selecting a tool yields the below result.

In the next example is a comparison of dancing with and without a tool.

Without:

With:

This behavior never existed before. The character holding animation used to never interrupt any animation taking control of the Torso joint. Hoping this can be fixed.

3 Likes

Almost positive thats intended.

1 Like

It didn’t work that way for the longest time. I’ve noticed it as of late, so I’m sure it’s been happening for a couple months or less.

Edit: Maybe the pictures don’t make it clear. What’s happening is the tool holding animation takes advantage of both the torso and the right arm. It used to be taking advantage of the right arm only. This is a problem, as it overrides other roblox character core animations.

1 Like

Bump.

Come on, this is very messy looking.

1 Like

Can you post a gif instead? I cant really tell the torso is acting funny

1 Like

I’ll work on it tomorrow.

1 Like

Updated OP with example gifs.

Hopefully this clarifies the issue.

1 Like

I imported the animation’s Id and they forgot to untick the Torso in animation editor unless there’s just something wrong with the import system, but unlikely.

This is why this behavior is happening.

1 Like

[quote] I imported the animation’s Id and they forgot to untick the Torso in animation editor unless there’s just something wrong with the import system, but unlikely.

This is why this behavior is happening. [/quote]

I believe there is something wrong with the import system that causes it to check torso even if it is not used. My bet is roblox updated the holding animation after importing it, but forgot to uncheck the torso box that automatically gets checked.

1 Like

Bump… again

1 Like

It’s been over 4 years and this has still not been fixed

3 Likes