Character just falling on death help plz

Hi everyone,im making new game and when i die my character just fall down and is like alive but not,he can equip tools,and use tools, this so strange i dont getting how fix that

here footage
robloxapp-20240712-2021139.wmv (1.8 MB)

4 Likes

can you please convert the footage to an mp4 please

2 Likes

What is your desired goal for what the character can do after death?

1 Like

nothing just die it all, this all

1 Like

2 Likes

Did you steal your game? It seems like the ragdoll is pre-scripted.

2 Likes

no i dont stealing,just use ragdoll module from open source

1 Like

Well I believe that this is happening due to roblox doesnt stop you from equipping items after death, and the physics of the weapon is bouncing you around a bit due to it.

Welcome to roblox lol

2 Likes

Normally, if you die, you can equip an item and according to the hotbar it shows you equipping it but when you look at your character when it’s dead, it’s not equipping it and it just unequips it when respawning.

2 Likes

Hmm, idk about you but it works for me.
Its probably because when you die all joints and welds are broken, so the thing attached to the handle of the tool is dropped of the face of the planet.

But with ragdoll scripts the joints n stuff dont break, they stay so it stays attached

2 Likes

Remove the tools on death?

local Players = game:GetService('Players')

local function removeToolsOnDeath(plr)
     plr.CharacterAdded:Connect(function(char)
          local humanoid = char:WaitForChild('Humanoid')
          humanoid.Died:Connect(function()
               plr.Backpack:ClearAllChildren()
          end)
     end)
end

Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(plr)
     removeToolsOnDeath(plr)
end)

for _, plr in pairs(Players:GetChildren()) do
     removeToolsOnDeath(plr)
end
1 Like

hi, this not working i tried, in output nothing

1 Like

You didnt check if the player already has a character so that could be why it isnt working, also @HELLO_ARTEMYOUFU make sure its a server script, just gotta make sure you know

2 Likes

I’m suggesting that this is an issue with the ragdoll module itself. Try getting a different one maybe?

1 Like

yeah lemme try diffent because of this module this bug maybe

2 Likes

This is the problem, and having a different ragdoll system wont solve the problem, cause thats how joints n welds stuff works ig.

1 Like

yeah, you right im try to delete module,now character just staying and bug is working,this is problem of the gun system im made,im just new in coding and roblox studio this why maybe this bug is appear

1 Like

Well, problem solved. Sorry I wasn’t really able to give any good explanation, update us if it works out

1 Like

ok i will update if i somehow fix that, thanks for trying to help me, bye

1 Like

Hi all im figured out problem,this of freakin ragdoll module and buggy starterhumanoid,thank you all for helping !

1 Like