Character Modeling Time-lapse

Decided to spend my weekend by trying out a new art more-playful style for my character Blu Dragoon while at the same time learning a bit more about rigging in Blender. This was the result of 2.5 days of work gone into modeling, texturing and rigging:

For those of you curious to see the process of modeling this character, see the video down below. I purposefully kept out the rigging and texturing parts of the process as it was a lot of back peddling and took more then a day to get right.

For Blu’s previous art style, see here: https://imgur.com/a/1Qe0pfB

Follow me on Twitter @GuestCapone to see more models, renders and other good stuffs.

19 Likes

Your stuff always has impressed me, and continues to do so :ok_hand:

3 Likes

And this is why you are one of my biggest idols.

2 Likes

Your model looks so cool!

1 Like

Lovely to watch :heart_eyes:, but heck you do change the topology often :open_mouth:
I would have gone either mad or dead in the middle of that process :sweat::sweat_smile:

1 Like

I don’t do that often, but for this model in specific I did because:

• 1.) the ‘wireframe’ reference I used is old and slightly inefficient
  • 2.) I wasn’t satisfied with the back of the head but knew I needed to move onto other areas to get the over all shape done before fine tuning.
  • 3.) body shape (torso and down) I wasn’t really sure what I wanted to go with so played around a bit until I got it right.

But thanks ^w^, I’ve never done a time-lapse video before so it was neat working on one… and yes I used blender for video editing, that was where 0.5 days worth of work went into. I might do another time lapse video in the future, we’ll see.

1 Like

I LOVE THIS, I’m sorry, it’s just too nice, how did you manage that, I also worked with Blender to build a dinosaur character, but it took me almost 6 months to do that, and I haven’t given it any texture yet, you’re a magician to me, go on, Harry Potter, don’t give up!

Edit: I just read the post about me, now I know a little how you did it.