Character movement becomes choppy with custom cameras

For the past few days, I was attempting to find the source of my choppy character movement whenever I utilized a custom camera. Here is a video of the stuttering (which becomes even more noticeable when lerping).

This is the developer’s hub’s “Over the shoulder” camera script:

This is my version of the “Over the Shoulder” camera script which has stuttering (which is still present even if I remove lerp):

The fact that this is happening even with the developers hub’s version of custom cameras shows that it has nothing to do with my code. Happens all the time.

Not lerping it would just provide the sensation of microstuttering as it just jittered with the character. Adding this smooth functionality just made it even more present.

I’ve included two localscripts here, one being the developer hub’s OTC camera and one modified version which uses lerp to simulate what I have been doing.

repo.rbxl (29.0 KB)

You can clearly see the glitchy character movements after spawning in, or just generally moving around. It sometimes becomes more present after jumping or increasing the speed of the player.

5 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up here when we have an update for you.

2 Likes

I am in the process of checking over bug reports and following up on some bugs that haven’t received any activity in a while.
Is this issue still occurring or can you confirm that this bug has been resolved? We are having a hard time reproducing this issue

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue, its very visible when a part moves quick and having the camera lerped to it.

Here is a reproduction of the issue.

Repro Stutter.rbxl (21.8 KB)

The stutter is very bad in my game:
https://gyazo.com/4adab1cfdad4c18794a168f9987e2590

thanks for the rbx file. When there is any info from the engineers i will pass it on

2 Likes