Character moves aimlessly on respawn

I don’t really know how to explain it, but when I respawn my character this happens:

I haven’t seen it happen anywhere on Roblox, but hopefully, someone here has experienced this issue

Update, I didn’t get this solved, yet but I should mention that it has a very small chance of happening, but it happens sometimes.

1 Like

Collision Groups? You could test it out on Studio & see if you get the same result

If your Character is inside a different collision group where it’ll ignore the “Default” group, then that’s possibly why

If that doesn’t seem the case, you could try messaging @Bug-Support to see if they can help you with it

2 Likes

Me too! This happened to my friends in my unreleased game

I tried moving the spawns up as they may be getting trapped in the groud, that didn’t work. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

2 Likes

It most likely has to do with your animation. My sister has had the same problem while using the Old School fall animation. If you don’t want this to happen, try changing your animation.

2 Likes

oh i bielive that happens when you spawn inside of the floor, all you have to do is move your spawn point up a stud.

2 Likes

I’ll try this and see what happens, only problem is that this only happens like 5% of the time, but I’ll try this.

Yeah, the collision groups seem to be the same (I don’t really dabble with that unless it’s necessary)

I’ll look into this! (ignore this just for the limit)

It may have something to do with your humanoid root part
Check if it’s there when you respawn

1 Like

Yep still there characterrssssss

I did move it up, but seems to still be doing this, now at a more extreme interval, it happens 50% of the time now

Check if your spawnlocation is above the road

1 Like

It is, and at this point it seems to have gotten even worse, i’m not sure what exactly is causing this :confused:

Try finding any script that might move this, maybe it’s unanchored? One of the spots in the road might have collisions off etc…

Edit

This also might be fixed with hipheight, having low hipheight might cause the player to do this.

1 Like

Have you tried changing your animation?

Animations don’t matter, and as far as I can see they’ve allowed the players to choose their own animation.

No, animations do matter. I’m telling you it has to be the animation. Read my previous post.

1 Like

To add on to this, here’s an example of what happens with low hipheight

The default value is 2.04 if you were wondering

1 Like

as for road collisions those are fine, and the spawns are anchored. I do notice that this has a smaller occourance when I press “Play” rather than “Play here” which makes sense, since my game has a custom spawning system. But this also happens outside of studio when players play the game, so it’s still possible.

Does it have to be every animation? If so that might be difficult for me to do at the moment, but if it’s just one animation I could probably change it.