Character not spawning on the first spawn point of my obby

NOTE: I don’t know if this is the right category to put it in.
Hello there! So I was working on my obby and then I noticed a bug with the spawn points. I would not spawn at my first checkpoint. Instead, I would spawn at my third checkpoint or my second checkpoint. Currently I have only three checkpoints because the game is still in development and I have made very few courses to go through as of now. So, what can I do to spawn at my first spawn point/checkpoint? I tried many things such as naming my spawn points and then putting them in order. What do I mean? I mean this:
I also made the checkpoints into a model like this:
After trying sometime, I still haven’t figured it out.

Is there a way to make my first checkpoint my starting checkpoint in my obby?

3 Likes

In the past when I’ve built obbies, I disabled all of the spawns except for the first so that you can only spawn at the start, then scripted the checkpoints so that when you touched the check point that would become the spawn point.

I’m not sure if there is an easier way to do this, I haven’t heard of one.

1 Like

How is your checkpoint system working? Is the user changing teams upon touching the checkpoint or do you have it scripted to save their checkpoint once it is reached?

3 Likes

Select Checkpoint 2 and go into properties, Go under teams and Delete the checkmark of Neutral. The same goes with Checkpoint 3. Make Checkpoint 1 Neutral.

3 Likes

That worked but… it caused another problem. When reaching to the third checkpoint and OOFing myself just for testing, I have seem to come to checkpoint 1. So, would I have to make a script for that or is there a solution to this with a simple property change or something?

1 Like

Make Checkpoint 2 and Checkpoint 3 both a team, and then check AllowTeamChangeOnTouch

1 Like

So…group both checkpoint 2 and checkpoint 3?

1 Like

1.go to the team folder and add two teams, then select different team colors.
2.Go to the Spawnpart and make teamcolor match the Teamcolor you have Changed on Step one. Tick AllowTeamChangeOnTouch

1 Like

You don’t have to group them, it’s just making them together.

1 Like

Tried it. Does not work.

30 characters

Did you match the Spawn’s brickcolor to the team color?

No. Okay then, I’ll try that, thanks!