Character retains weird body movement after being unanchored from the server

i discovered some issue that i have not been able to figure out. When i go through the gui stuff in the beginning of the vid, i anchor my character model, and tp the cframe to somewhere else. After that’s done, I tp the cframe back to where i was before, and unanchor it. however, i encountered an issue where my body’s movement is very weird. whenever i jump and hold any movement key, it seems that i am pushed forwards, or forced in a direction i dont want it to be. i just want it to retain its normal movement. any help?

2 Likes

You probably need to set the network ownership to the player.

Root:SetNetworkOwner(player)

1 Like

how exactly are you teleporting the player? just changing the rootpart’s CFrame?

1 Like

yeah, just changing the rootpart’s cframe.

1 Like

i tried to do this it doesn’t work

2 Likes

I believe that occasionally causes weird offset behavior, try seeing if the issue persists with Model:PivotTo() instead

1 Like

pivotto doesn’t work either. im pretty sure the animations are what causes the bugs. i talked to my friend about it and he said the animations get interrupted mid-way while getting tp’ed, and i think hes right. i tested it out, and i stopped the animations, added like a task.wait(0.1), THEN unanchored and tp’ed the character and it was totally fine.

1 Like