CharacterAutoLoads

Hello, I’m currently working on a spawning system for my game and I’m trying to use CharacterAutoLoads but it isn’t working as I wanted. I have it set to disabled and the character doesn’t load, Good. I have SteamingEnabled off so everything loads, I’m using small maps anyways. But now everything breaks, There is no input anymore and my buttons don’t get renamed etc… Is there a way to keep character spawning disabled while keeping other services active?

1 Like

Could you tell me what you want to use it for? and i will gladly help

1 Like

I played around with this property and its nerve-wracking. Depending on the reason you use it, couldn’t you use Player:LoadCharacter() when the player joins the server so those stuff function ?

1 Like

I don’t want to load the player when they join tho

1 Like

All of my buttons stopped working, This started when I enabled CharacterAutoLoads.

1 Like

When the player joins use:

Player:LoadCharacter()

You might also want to use it when player dies.

1 Like

Players without character models don’t function properly, no matter the character quality

1 Like

It’s for an FPS game tho so I don’t want to load the player yet

1 Like

Load it the player after a task.wait then? (or when en event fires)

1 Like

I want to load them after they press Play & choose a team so… Won’t really work

1 Like

When they press play fire a remote event to server and load their character on server using Player:LoadCharacter()

1 Like

Yeah, I get that but the buttons on the client don’t work lol

1 Like

Then Could you use a Custom StarterCharacter then and keep CharacterAutoLoads on, and when they click on a button do as i said above.

1 Like

I already have a custom character but I guess I’ll go for a system where they spawn in a tiny box under the map then

1 Like

Thank you, @5smokin and @SomeFedoraGuy

2 Likes