Characters are loading in with default/blocky arms instead of avatar's set arms

Reproduction Steps
1. Dress your character using any bundles that have different arms on the Roblox website.
2. Join Adopt Me https://www.roblox.com/games/920587237/Adopt-Me
3. Observe character’s arms upon spawning in, if a character is already set then navigate to Dress Up and select “My Roblox Avatar”

Video reproduction:

This bug started happening without us making any changes to related code.

Some players are circumventing the issue by changing their avatar using our in-game outfit feature and it’ll load their character with the correct arms for future sessions.

Expected Behavior
Characters should have arms like this when they join the game with their avatar wearing those arms on the website:

75bd2bed-cefa-4c0a-8214-6f3617da1714

Actual Behavior
Characters are spawning into our game with Blocky/default arms.

c4d5c59a-9cf5-428d-9ed5-019123902642

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Display
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2021-12-05 00:12:00 (-05:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2022-03-22 00:03:00 (-04:00)

3 Likes

This is actually happening in every game, I don’t know why.

Hello @mothmage - is that still happening currently? I was able to enter adopt me, but was not able to reproduce. If it still happening, any more details you can share to aid our investigation?

Thank you for your patience and support!

I’m able to reproduce this bug reliably and so can everyone else I’ve asked to test using the steps above, looking further into trying to get repro steps.

One person discovered another repro, they switched outfits on their character from the “My Roblox Avatar” option to another one and back

Hope this helps, thanks.

Thank you, I am now able to reproduce as well, we will investigate

2 Likes

@2jammers can you share some additional places where you observe this behavior? Thank you!

I’m not sure if this is fixed @V4_Ap3Dud3 but, not to long ago a friend of mine was wearing the woman package and the same thing happened to them that the title suggests. I tried wearing the woman package, and here is the result:

Following up! We are closing this thread since we were internally informed that this was a user issue, and it got fixed eventually!

Thanks for the report!